Create multiple formats of reports and exports after extracting data from a phone, each customizable to your specific needs. To continue you must select at least one format. More information about the structure of each file format can be found in the following section - Reports in details.
All report formats are human-readable and can be opened using supported web browsers, PDF viewers and Microsoft Office applications.
An HTML report format can be opened using your web browser (we recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11). This format does not include a full backup of phone data - to create a full backup please use the MOBILedit Backup export format as well.
This option will automatically generate two HTML files into the export folder:
- the full HTML report file with all content
- please note that this file can be large (100MB and more), therefore web browsers may have problems opening or viewing the file if such a large amount of data was extracted from the phone - if you experience problems while opening the HTML file, use the Report_index.html file instead
- HTML report split into multiple HTML files based on sections
PDF report format can be opened using your PDF viewer or editor (we recommend using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader).
You can choose from two types of PDF reports - Single File or Multiple Files. Your selection will be automatically generated in the export folder:
- Single file
- contains the full PDF report file with all extracted content
- please note that this file can be large (1GB and more), if you experience problems while generating or opening the PDF file due to a large amount of data, use the Multiple files option instead
- Multiple files
- PDF report is split into multiple PDF files based on sections
MS Excel report
MS Excel report can be opened using Microsoft Excel application (we recommend using Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer).
Exports & backups
All export formats are machine-readable and can be used to process extracted data in other applications or to make a full backup of any device which can be later opened and analyzed without having the device live connected again.
MOBILedit Backup XML contains a full phone data backup which can be opened, browsed and analyzed again, as well as archived for further use. The complete filesystem structure is put into the mobiledit_backup.xml file and all phone data is copied into the backup_files subfolder.
You can set packing and password protection for Backup. The Hash protection is set automatically when the backup creation was selected. The default hashing method is SHA-256, which is more secure than the MD5.
The master backup hash check is done when you import the MOBILedit backup
Hash for each file in the backup can be checked by running the deep hash check.
MOBILedit Export is an XML file used to export extracted and analyzed data into other applications.
You can set Hash protection as well.
At the end of each report is displayed the result of the hash check, possible failures are included.
This export file can be exported into and opened by the Cellebrite Mobile Forensics line of products.
ADB and iTunes backups
MOBILedit Forensic Express can now create and save ADB (Android) or iTunes (iOS) backups of your devices.
If the ADB backup creation freezes, simply disconnect the phone, restart it, connect it to the PC and the MOBILedit Forensic Express will request the ADB backup again.