It is necessary to install device drivers properly
By default Windows installs limited MTP media driver, which doesn’t work
You would need to install correct drivers manually in device manager
- Choose Update Driver Software.
2. Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
4. Click the Have Disk button. If this isn't available, choose a device category like Mobile Phone or Storage Device, if listed.
5. Click Next. You should see the Have Disk button.
6. Click Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\Compiled Driver Disc (Full)\Apple\amd64 (for 64-bit Windows) or \i386 (for 32-bit Windows)
7. Choose usbaapl64 (64-bit Windows) or usbaapl (32-bit Windows)
8. In the Have Disk window, click Open, then click Next, and then click Finish.
When you run the MOBILedit Forensic Express and you are not able to connect your iPhone, even if you installed the drivers properly and your device is accessible with iTunes, open the Device Manager, expand sections "Portable Devices" and "Universal Serial Bus devices" and compare it with the screenshot below:
If these selections look the same as on the picture, continue with steps below, otherwise, continue to this article
1. Right click on "Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device", select "Properties"
2. Select the "Details" bookmark
3. Click on the "Roll Back Driver"
4. Choose the reason (choose whatever you like), why you want to roll back the driver and click on "Yes"
5. Close the window by clicking on the "Close" button
6. Restart your computer
7. After the restart, run the MOBILedit Forensic Express, if your device is identified as a MTP device, go through the install device drivers process again at the beginning of this page.
If you are still unable to connect your iOS device to the MOBILedit Forensic Express, please uninstall the "Apple iPhone
" driver, disconnect the device, restart the computer, install the Apple drivers
and connect the Apple device again.