Android 4.2 and higher
The USB Debugging is in the “Developer Options” menu item, but it is hidden, you need to reveal it first:
Go to Settings -> About Phone.
1. Go to “Build Number” at the end of the Scroll list.
2. Tap on “Build Number” ("Android version" for some devices) repeatedly 7
times. On your third tap you should see message indicating that you only have 4 more taps to go to ‘become a developer’.
3. Go back to the Setting page. You should see Developer Option menu item in your setting list now.
4. Open Developer Options and check USB debugging -> ON
See all instructions with pictures
Go to Settings on your phone.
- Choose "General" in the Settings bookmarks.
- Go to About phone section.
- Go to Software info
- Tap 7 times on "Build number" and you should see following message
- Go back and scroll down to find the "Developer Options".
In case you are turning on the USB debugging on a Xiaomi device, make sure to enable all the categories in the Debugging section in Developer Options. This will ensure that the connector app is able to be installed on your phone.
Enabling both these options will require you to have a SIM card inserted in the phone and also to be logged into Mi Account.
Simply go to Settings -> Developer options and enable USB debugging
Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and enable USB debugging