Phonebook Optimizer is a tool which helps you to amend and enhance the contact list in your phone.
Phonebook Optimizer can be accessed through the edit toolbar of the
currently browsed phonebook or through the phone's main screen (root).
Phonebook Optimizer consists of several simple steps:
- The initial screen including backup feature
- Corrupted contacts search
- Duplicates search
- Contacts merging
- Capitalization of contacts
- Phone numbers internationalization
- Review of the optimized phonebook
- Saving of the optimized result
These rules take effect throughout the Phonebook Optimizer in general:
- Red fontcolor marks items that will be altered or deleted (if selected to) after clicking next.
- Selected items (items, with ticked checkboxes) are subjected
to a change according to function, which is specified in each screen of
the dialogue. Items that are not selected (items with unticked
checkboxes) won't be changed in any way.
- The Skip button shifts you instantly to the next
stage of optimization in order. No changes (either to checked
or unchecked items) will be applied in the stage that has been
- Editation dialogue can be brought up either by double-clicking a contact or by selecting a contact and clicking the Edit button, if available. If you decide to edit a contact manually, the automated suggestions will be accepted.
- Number of cases that are assumed that need a change is
displayed in the lower right corner. In case of duplicate search and
contact merging the number indicates the amount of substeps.
- The Cancel button closes the dialogue with no further queries and annulates the changes made within Phonebook Optimizer.
The initial screen
Once you start Phonebook Optimizer, you will see the initial screen
where you can check the IMEI number of your phone and make sure that it
is the one you want to edit.
It is recommended to allow Phonebook Optimizer to make a backup of
the phonebook. Even if you don't, Phonebook Optimizer will
not modify the phonebook in the phone until you decide to write the
changes on the final screen.
Contacts Optimizer phone app
You can also
download Contacts Optimizer directly on your phone (in case you use
Android or Apple device) and make the optimization there. To see more
info click here