Connecting Windows Phone via Bluetooth
If you connect via Bluetooth you will only be allowed to read contacts, nothing more.
Please note: These instructions are for Windows version 8 and higher.
- First you must setup Bluetooth on both your phone and your PC for the connection to work properly.
a) In the phone go to Settings and in the system menu choose Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth ON.
b) In your PC go to PC Settings (accessible from Applications or from the right side menu). Swipe your mouse to the right side of your screen. A menu layout will apear - from here choose Settings and then in the lower right corner click on the "Change PC Settings" option. This will open a new window with PC Settings. From here click on "PC and Devices" and then "Bluetooth". Turn Bluetooh ON.
c) Your PC and phone will now automatically find and show each other. In the Bluetooth Setting on your PC screen choose the desired device to be connected, click on it and select "pair". Both your phone and PC will now show a message with a code/password. Check if this code is the same on both devices and if so, click yes in the PC settings and also confirm it on your phone. Once it is done you will see the Phone paired to your PC and the Phone will state itself as connected in its settings.
- After you successfully connect your phone to your computer via Bluetooth, you may now open MOBILedit and choose the "Connect" option in the upper right corner of your screen.
- This will take you to a Connection Wizard in which MOBILedit will help you to connect the phone properly. In the Wizard choose "Other" device, as Windows Phone does not have its own category, and then select "Bluetooth".
- MOBILedit will then display a list of the devices that are connected to your PC via Bluetooth. Choose your desired one and proceed.
- The phone will then appear in the "Connected" devices section in the left side menu in MOBILedit. Please note that your phone will, in most cases, be named "Generix Obex Device" or something similar. This is due to Windows Phone OS not sharing the device info via Bluetooth; even so, your phone is properly connected this way.
- You may now simply click on the Phonebook. MOBILedit will then read the contacts from the connected device. After it is done reading, the contacts will then be shown in the "Phonebook" section of the phone in the left side menu.
Please note, depending on the number of contacts in your phone the reading operation might take some time to finish. Bluetooth is typically not the fastest way to tranfer data, so please be patient.
Connecting Windows Phone
Whats is supported Windows Phone is a very closed OS, which gives it better security and stability, but there is no tool available to fully manage the phone content. You can manage files using a few tools but you can not manage your contacts, ...
Connecting Windows Phone via USB cable
By connecting Windows Phone via cable you can write contacts to the phone, but not read them. How to write contacts via USB cable Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable. Your phone will then automatically appear on the main page. If not, ...
Connecting an Android phone
To achieve a successful phone connection, there are a few important steps that must be taken for this or any other tool. This is only required for the first time, then you can enjoy the functionality of all our products. An Android phone can be ...
Connecting an iPhone
An iPhone can be connected by cable or via Wi-Fi. All iOS versions are supported. Download our printable instruction sheet here Connecting iPhone by USB cable Install correct Apple drivers if necessary Unlock the phone´s screen - use Lockdown method ...
Connecting via Bluetooth
In order to successfully establish a Bluetooth connection between an Android device and a PC you need to turn on BT on both of them and then, upon them finding each other, attempt a pairing. You can click on "Pair" on either the phone or the PC. When ...